An invitation letter is a formal letter from someone or an organization abroad that invites you to visit their country for a specific reason which is stated on the letter.
An Invitation can be required when travelling for:
- Visiting a friend, family or relatives abroad
- Attending a Business meeting or Conference abroad.
- Conducting Research or findings aboard.
- Religious activities
- Sport Competitions
- Medical Treatment
Read about: Visa free countries for Tanzanian citizens
What to Include?
Information to include on Invitation Letter will depend on the purpose of travel, typically includes;
- Name and Address of the inviting person.
- Date of the letter.
- Name and Address of the Embassy or Consulate.
- Subject of the Letter.
- Opening Salutation.
- Status of the inviting person (Citizen or Permanent Resident).
- Employment status of the inviting person.
- Contact information of inviting person.
- Name and passport number of the Applicant(s).
- Relationship with the inviting person.
- Purpose of the Travel.
- Address where the Applicants will be staying.
- Length of the Stay.
- Documents Attached.
- Closing Salutation.
- Signature of the inviting person.
Sample of Invitation letter:-
This is an example of an Invitation letter from a friend, family or relative who resides abroad.
This sample is useful when applying for a USA Visa, Canadian Visa, Schengen Visa, UK Visa, Australian Visa, South Korean Visa, Japan Visa, Turkish Visa, etc.
116 10th Avenue,
06th July 2019.
To: US Embassy or Consulate
Dar es Salaam ,Tanzania.
Re: Issuance of visitor’s visa to my best friend.
I, Allan Godbless, work as a CAD Technician for Operation Department at Bohler Engineering; I earn $49,100.05 per year. I would like to invite my best friend, Humphrey Shayo to visit me for vacation. He will be staying with me at 116 10th Avenue for 3 weeks. He expect to arrive on 4th of September 2019 and leave on 23rd of September 2019.
During their stay here, I will bear their travel expenses within the USA, Medical insurance, Housing and food. I will personally make sure that he will leave and return to Tanzania before the expiration of their authorized visas. I have attached my documentation for your record.
I respectfully request that you grant a visitor ‘s visa to my best friend.
Thank you in advance for your time and consideration in this matter.
Date of birth: December 12, 1989
Address: 116 10th Avenue, NY 10011
Occupation: CAD Technician – Operation Department
Cell: 917 234 2418
Status: Permanent Residence
Name: Humphrey Shayo
Date of birth: 29th October 1993
Address: House no. 03, Kariakoo ,Ilala CBD.
Relationship: Family Friends.